Saturday, January 15, 2022

See the Good (2/19/20)

I can usually find the good or bright side in about any situation. Sometimes it may take me longer than other depending on the curveball I'm thrown.

My husband has told me before that my silver lining finding is problematic. 🤷‍♀️

The thing is, I believe that happiness is a choice. I didn't always believe that.

One day I was talking with someone who always seemed happy. I asked him how he managed to always be in such a good mood. He told me it was a choice he made every day. My 24 year old self for some reason took that to heart. From that day forward, I made a conscious decision to choose happy.

Does that mean that some days aren't hard? Nope. Does that mean that sometimes I don't get a little down when life gets crazy? Also a solid nope. What it does mean is that I choose not to dwell there.

It means that I try to find the good. Even in the ugly. I choose to believe that my mindset and the impact I have on others is reflected through my choice.

I choose to see the good. I'm trying my best to make it a trait that my girls catch too. Because if I can teach them to see the good around them, they can see the good in others. Maybe then they can help others see the good in themselves and others as well. What an amazing chain reaction that would be ❤



No comments:

Post a Comment