Saturday, January 15, 2022

Do the Hard Things (5/6/20)

This one's my early riser.

She's my hugger.

She tells me every morning on my way out the door "Having a good day at work Mommy!" You too baby I love you!




"Mommy don't forget, don't touch people." Got it kiddo.

"Do you have your mask?" Yep, got it baby. "Ok, love you!"

At five she gets it. She gets that we need to be safe. She gets that sometimes we need to follow the rules. Believe me, she knows that some rules are made to be broken, but the seriousness of this situation is real to her.

She's not fearful, in fact she filled with confidence that by making the right choices, we can make a difference.

It's not hard. We're all missing out. Honestly, I feel like it's probably our kiddos that are missing out the most. They're missing friends, school, family, and a million other little things. Yet somehow through it all, they are actually seeing what some of us adults are struggling with, the greater good.

So I'll have a good day at work for you my sweet girl. I won't get close enough to touch people because I get that right now we need those boundaries. And I'll wear my mask not because I'm weak or unable to think for myself, but because I'd rather be safe to protect others and you. I'll err on the side of caution because I know you're worth it and I want every single one of those early morning out the door hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment