Sunday, January 16, 2022

Grandma's Tea Parties (6/27/21)

My Grandma always had the best tea parties when I was a kid.

I loved when the plastic tea sets would come out. Our "tea" was usually lemonade (the pink kind). She always had cookies, her homemade chocolate chip were my personal favorite. I can still to this day remember how special each tea party felt. It always felt like a treat no matter how many times we had one.
Now my kids get to have tea parties with my Grandma. I hear the excitement in their little voices when she suggests that a snack turn into a party. It makes me smile and the memory gates flood open with the same feelings from my childhood. I love hearing that she has the best snacks...and she does, there's something a little more special when the food is from Grandma. It must be the extra love she puts into it.
I'm forever thankful that my girls get to share some of the things I treasure from my youth. One day, I hope I get to be the Grandma that has the best tea parties. I hope I have the ability to make something so small seem special. It's a gift and I'm so glad it's being handed down to the next generation.



No comments:

Post a Comment