Sunday, January 16, 2022

Apprenticeship (8/23/20)

Today I finished up another year in my canning apprenticeship. Since we moved a couple of years ago, I've grown a garden and my dad's been helping me learn the ropes of what to do with it all.




It's labor intensive. It's definitely way cheaper to buy these items at the store. It's time consuming. But, it's also time that I get to spend with family. I get to learn and honestly, garden food tastes way better regardless of how much cheaper it is at the store.


I've learned a lot the last couple of years and I'm pretty proud of all of my goods! I'm at the point now where I could probably successfully can everything on my own. However, something tells me I'll go back to continue learning for as long as they'll let me. It's given me something more than just food for the winter, it's given me memories and time together that'll I'll always cherish. It's given me a skill that maybe one day my girls will want me to pass on to them. My dad's grandma taught him to can, maybe it'll be one of those things that just keeps being passed on.

As my gardening season draws to a close, I'm already plotting for next year's apprenticeship and the memories I'm sure are in store❤







No comments:

Post a Comment