Thursday, September 8, 2022

My Sweet Spot 8/31/22

We've lived here almost five years and I've just now found my sweet spot.

It's the spot that I can't wait to get to each day.
I'm not sure why it took me so long to discover it; it's been hiding in plain sight for years.
Maybe it's the rocking chairs angled just right.
Maybe it's the steal of a table I found that's wedged perfectly in between the chairs.
Or maybe it's the cheerful seat cushions that pull it all together.
But really, I think it's because it's become home to some of my favorite memories.
It's home to the ongoing Uno game with my husband (which to date I'm winning).
It's where a sweet face plops down across from me to tell me about school.
It's where giggles flow when orneriness prevails.
It's become the place for me to get in on the gossip with my teen.
It's the perfect place to watch the sunrise.
It's my favorite place to drink coffee and read my Bible.
It's brought out my inner old lady who watches the cars drive too fast down the road and appreciate the ones that seem to be going the correct speed.
It's got the perfect view for watching kids perfect front yard flips and catch lightning bugs.
It's all of these things and so much more.
Perhaps it's that it gives me the opportunity to slow down.
Perhaps it's that it reminds me to appreciate what's right in front of me because this year has reminded me how quickly it can all change.
Perhaps it's that those that I love the most make their way to me rain or shine in that sweet spot. With them usually come the hugs and kisses that warm my heart.
For five years I didn't know what I was missing. But now that I've found it, I'm soaking it in.
If you're in the neighborhood, stop on by. We can sit in the rockers and watch the world go by. And maybe, just maybe, that's what we've all been missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment